About Our Permanent Cosmetic Technician, Nancy Ruth, C.P.C.P., B.S.N.
- Board Certified, Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals
- Cosmetic Professional, Lifetime Member
Permanent Makeup - Look like yourself, only better!
More and more women are taking advantage of permanent makeup. One of the only Board Certified Permanent Makeup professionals in South Carolina, Nancy Ruth specializes in permanent makeup for women who want the most natural appearance possible. Nancy enjoys her practice of permanent makeup for women who want the natural enhancement permanent makeup offers.
Many of Nancy Ruth's clients are tired of applying eyebrow pencil day after day. Or they don't want their eyeliner to smear every time they cry at a movie or rub their eyes. Perhaps they want permanent color in their otherwise pale or thin lips. Here are a few reasons women are choosing and enjoying permanent makeup.
- Busy, active and stressful lifestyles with little time to keep applying makeup.
- Visual difficulties, contact lenses, hard time putting on makeup without glasses.
- Difficulty applying makeup properly.
- Allergy to mascara and makeup.
- Health challenges: multiple sclerosis or chemotherapy hair loss.
- Women who enjoy water sports and outdoor activities.
- Aging changes such as arthritis of the hands and joints.
- Injuries to your shoulder or neck which make it hard to apply makeup.
- Convenience. The ability to look good 24 hours a day. To Wake Up With Makeup!
Who benefits from permanent cosmetic makeup?
- EVERYONE who desires a soft and natural enhancement of their appearance.
- WOMEN who want to look their best all the time, even when they wake up.
- MOTHERS and other busy professionals who DON'T HAVE TIME for makeup.
- PHYSICALLY ACTIVE people who want to look their best throughout activities such as swimming, hiking, biking, tennis, aerobics, and don't want to worry about "Sweating off" or reapplying cosmetics.
- VISION IMPAIRED people who have a hard time putting on makeup without glasses.
- MOTOR IMPAIRED people such as, multiple sclerosis, stroke survivors, and those with unsteady hands who cannot apply their own makeup.
- ALLERGIES and SENSITIVE SKIN people often can't wear mascara and makeup.
What type of permanent cosmetic procedures can be done?
- Eyeliner, top and bottom
- Eyelash enhancement
- Lip liner
- Full lip color
- Scar camouflage
- Breast areola restoration or repigmentation
Are permanent cosmetics really permanent?
Technically, permanent cosmetics procedures are considered permanent because the color is implanted into the dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. However, fading can and often does occur, requiring periodic maintenance.
How long does the procedure take?
The initial procedure will generally take approximately 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. Follow up procedures usually do not require as much time as the initial procedure
Is it painful?
While you may feel touch and pressure your procedure should be well worth any mild discomfort you experience. Permanent cosmetics procedures are of a skin invasive nature and therefore you may experience some discomfort. This may vary according to each individual's pain threshold. There are topical anesthetic creams used to control the discomfort.